Atlanta's burgeoning film scene boasts several exciting new studios, expanding its production capacity and attracting even more projects:
1. Assembly Atlanta: Opened in September 2023, this behemoth sits on the former General Motors Assembly Plant site in Doraville. Partnered with Gray Television and NBCUniversal Media, it offers 10 sound stages, diverse office spaces, and a public entertainment zone. With a capacity for 4,000 full-time staffers, it's already a magnet for major productions.
2. Electric Owl Studios: Launched in June 2023, this DeKalb County studio emphasizes sustainability, earning the title of "the greenest studio on earth." Its three sound stages and eco-friendly design, including solar panels and rainwater harvesting, attract productions seeking an environmentally conscious approach.
3. Lionsgate Studios Atlanta: Set to open in late 2023 within the Great Point Studios complex in Douglasville, this major studio will be the anchor tenant. Its 12 sound stages, office space, and restaurant, spread across 500,000 square feet, are already drawing interest from big-name projects.
4. Pinewood Atlanta Studios: While not technically new, Pinewood has been steadily expanding. Construction on its Stage 16, slated for completion in early 2024, adds another 30,000 square feet to this established studio hub.
5. Various Boutique Studios: Beyond these giants, several smaller studios have popped up, catering to niche needs. Blackhall Studios offers intimate shooting spaces, while 3rd Rail Studios provides flexible studios and production services.
These newest additions, along with the existing film infrastructure, solidify Atlanta's position as a leading production hub in the Southeast. So, for catering companies in the film industry, Atlanta presents a wealth of exciting opportunities to work with diverse studios and productions.
I hope this information is helpful! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions about the Atlanta film scene or catering for productions.